Saturday, September 17, 2011 |

My First Layouts in Months

     Well today is beginning to feel like fall, and for me I have actually been pretty busy in the scrap room the last week or so. For me doing the party invitations and other projects has finally inspired me to start up my scrapbooking again! I still had pictures to scrap from January! I have a few from last year still as well, but I'm definitely into scrapping the current stuff, or at least pictures that are from this current year!
     I'm curious how most people scrap these days. I know looking at magazines there are a lot of women who scrap one picture and than focus on all of the embellishments. Realistically though, there are always more than one picture of an event. After months of deliberating on this issue, I have come to realize that I do take to many pictures of an event. How many Christmas's, New Year's, Halloween, can one person do. While I have pages scrapped of friends and other events, I find that my albums are filled with just the same thing, different year. I do like scrapping vacation albums, especially if it's some place I have never been before. So now I want to focus on the quality of the pictures, not quantity.
     So here are the couple of layouts that I have completed in the last week. Most of them are scrapped with BoBunny products and embellishments that I have on hand.

I have a fascination with clocks. I love clocks stickers, stamps, and embellishments. I can't get enough of them. I think I have even used clocks for a New Year's layout before, but I wanted this to be a whole new take, by using colors other than black, red, gold, and silver.


I don't know how it really fit into the scheme of things, but I had to try out my new Sew-it by We are Memory Makers. I love that little gadget. Have to be really careful that you make the line straight, but it beats trying to learn how to work a sewing machine, or trying to individually punch each hole. Last tool I had that you just punch the holes broke within 5 minutes.


This one was a fun one. Paul's Birthday. We had a great time with friends, and I had been anxious to use the BoBunny photo papers and embellishments. My Cricut supplied the film strips from the Wall Decor cartridge, except for the one in the very corner was a Sizzix die cut. This was a great way to showcase everybody! I also used the Tim Holtz grunge letters. Instead of painting them I just used my cat eye pads to make the black and silver on the lettering.

     I'm happy to say that I have been inspired again. I don't know if it's the weather, or whether or not I have gone past my scrappers block that I have had for almost the last year. It's actually sad to think that I have had a year to do everything I had wanted to and yet have nothing to show for it. I still have a heritage album that I am working on, a cookbook project that I have been collecting for and haven't even begun yet, and a Christmas mini album that got way out of hand and is now sitting unfinished in a little bin. Maybe I will get around to it this Christmas when I am back in the jingle bells mode.
     I hope you enjoy these layouts and I hope they give you as much inspiration to you as they do to me. I would love for you to share how you scrap your events. Would help me get more ideas!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...