Thursday, October 27, 2011 |

30 Day Challenge - Day #21 A Picture of Something that Makes Me Happy

Well I couldn't just put a picture of one thing that made me happy. I love fall and fall always makes me happy. The pumpkins, the change of the leaf colors, the cooler weather. I love it all!
My Brutus makes me happy. Having a puppy in the house can be frustrating but they can bring you so many moments of joy and love and I only have to look at his face and I smile!

My husband makes me happy too. He's so many things to me but most of all he is my best friend and he's always there to put a smile on my face!

 Wine can make me happy, and not just because it can make me tipsy, but I love the flavor, the colors, the variations of tastes and the foods that can be paired with the wines. It's such a versatile drink.

Much like flowers, bright colors from flowers also make me happy. I especially love the Hibiscus, and Sunflowers. They bring so much happiness to my life.

OK, and what women doesn't get happy in a bubble bath! I know call me strange, but I had to take this picture last time I took one. I was in this big garden tub that had jets like a spa. I didn't think I had put to many bubbles in, but when the jets started going, OMG, the bubbles were ready to spill out onto the floor. I was laughing hysterically because I was being swallowed by the mass amounts of bubbles! But oh so relaxing with the wine, and some candles!

I now that this picture to the right may be hard to see but it's a picture of a Bald Eagle at the top of the tree. This eagle and another one would sit for hours on top of these trees located right on my Uncle's property in Minnesota. Down the road was a HUGE eagle's nest that we could see through a clearing. What makes me happy is to see beautiful wild animals in their natural habitat. To see them flourish and they are just so breath taking you have to be happy about something this beautiful.

Than I have the pictures here of the wolf and the bear. While these animals are in captivity it makes me happy to know that these animals have been rescued and are cared for so carefully and with much thought and love. Also these animals are great educational tools to help the general public not be so scared of them and how to preserve others of their kind in their natural habitats. It makes me happy that there are people out there who work hard to preserve what nature has provided to us and that there is a balance needed in our environment. Without these animals other things would become unbalanced.

 Than there is my Boo Boo Bear, Dakota, She has made me happy, sad, mad, and frustrated for 13 1/2 years!!! But mostly happy. I look at that beautiful face and I just melt. She's my angel and I am thankful for everyday that I have had her in my life!


Snow, how can snow not make you happy. OK, well if you live in perpetual winter where the snow is piled 10 feet outside your front door I could see you not being so happy about it. However, I love snow and I am so happy to see it here in So Cal, when it comes. The picture was taken in my backyard when I woke one morning I could see the sea of white through my crack in the curtain. This particular picture made me happy when it won the contest for the new Calimesa Web site that was being put together and so anyone who visits that site, sees my picture!

Coffee, coffee makes me VERY happy!!! I love it in all forms, flavors and varieties. I love my Americano's in the morning, my own lattes that I make, Starbucks Caramel Frappachino's, the Salted Caramel Mocha hot or cold. I can drink coffee any time of the day and night and sometimes it keeps me awake and other times it doesn't, but it's all good because it's COFFEE!!!

I also love the ocean. I love to hear and watch the waves come rolling up on the beach. I have been blessed to see many beaches not only her in California, but Oregon, Hawaii, England and Jamaica and they are all so beautiful and unique. I can't wait to see more of them in my lifetime as well as the beautiful sunsets that go with being on the beach. I love water though, water makes me very happy. I love being on the lake as well. I love this lake which is Lake Vermilion in Minnesota up in the Northern part of the state. It's a beautiful lake and it's so quiet and peaceful and it's amazing to see the different changes that can occur so quickly on a body of water such as this. I loved the Lake of the Ozarks as a kid as well. They don't make lakes here in So Cal like they do in other parts of the country. So I try and enjoy them as much as I can.

Well, this is just a sample of the things that make me happy. I am sure that I can list so many more things, but I would be here all day. I try and just take life as it comes and make happiness from what life gives me. I can find happiness in just a quick visit from a hummingbird on my front porch to the sound of my water fountains. Life is meant to be enjoyed and happiness comes from what you make of it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...